Attrition is the name of a military science fiction thriller film attached to the Redshift TV series. The film is in the vein of other space war films such as Starship Troopers, Wing Commander, and others. But will provide new insight on the sub-genre through an action-adventure lense as opposed to a social commentary on the nature of war. It is set twenty-five after aliens invade the Solar System at a time when a space colonization apparatus is well-established. These aliens colonize and terraform worlds in the Solar System while the last of humanity remain sequestered on Neptune's moon Triton.
During the late 21st century, roughly the 2080s, humanity has become engaged in a twenty-five-year-long war with an unidentified alien species that are designated the "Sentinels." Humanity had captured several Sentinel starships and attempted to reverse-engineer them to no avail. They had also tried to take a number of prisoners only for them to commit suicide or spontaneously combust; leaving the enemy unseen.
After recovering from a previous engagement, a hardened veteran Major Landry returns to active duty with a unit of rookies. It begins on an enormous space station orbiting above Neptune, the rookies are wary of Major Landry as their unit commander as his previous mission resulted in his team's deaths. The unit is given an assignment that will lay the groundwork for retaking the Earth and the rest of the Solar System. But first, they will have to travel in a Jump Ship to a nearby star system infested with Sentinels. During the engagement, Landry meets Corporal D'Ambrosio and the two begin an uneasy mentor-student relationship. Upon entering the nearby star system, they find themselves in the middle of a space battle with human starships and Sentinel ships. The human dreadnoughts severely damage a Sentinel capital ship which results in Landry and his unit to board the ship and find any intel. They discover that this specific capital ship they've boarded was commanded by a High-Value Target believed to the alien-equivalent of Crown Prince. It is believed that the HVT fled to the surface of a nearby tropical world with immense desert terrain. Landry and his team race down to the surface to recover the Crown Prince and are successful in capturing her. The team is taken aback by the revelation that the target is a female Crown Princess and that she's human. She was hiding in the crew of a European Survey expedition that recently touched down. They bring her up for questioning onboard the dreadnought Kratos. They ask about the location of the capital of the Sentinels. She reveals after some coercion that there is a stronghold on a planet orbiting a star that is about to go supernova. Before they can decline, they are on another Jump Ship passing through a wormhole to the system. They board an enemy transport, jettison the crew and commandeer the ship to land at a base on the planet. On the surface, the team learns that the Sentinels are praying to a temple. This is where it is revealed that humans and the Sentinels originated on the same planet. The star begins to fluctuate just as the human fleet arrives breaking the cover of Landry's unit, the Sentinel fleet moves to attack. The unit fights the Sentinels into space where they rejoin the human fleet as the star explodes in a supernova. The human fleet barely succeeds in outrunning the Sentinel fleet which is seemingly destroyed by the nova. The human fleet is left adrift in space just as a surviving Sentinel ship arrives, which commences into a life or death battle on the edge of a newly-formed black hole. The human fleet gets decimated as they try to flee the event horizon but instead they jump into the black hole and return to human space near Neptune, the Sentinel ship falls into the black hole and is crushed. Back on Neptune, the team disseminates intelligence on the Sentinel homeworld to INTO high command which they will use to develop a new way to win the war. The unit retires to their barracks for the night. Landry and D'Ambrosio share a conversation about the green hills of Earth and what they are actually fighting for is actually the same as what the Sentinels are fighting for, just from a different perspective. The higher-ups at INTO consider the war to be entering a new phase as the revelation that humans and Sentinels relations should be kept under wraps until the war ends, but the leaders of ANR Corporation have other plans to extend the war and finance their war machine.
___ (anything above this point is up to date, anything below is being edited)
One of Bree's first engagements is a battle on a martian/desert-like moon of a gas giant in the midst of a fierce sandstorm. Bree loses her right arm, right eye, right leg, which are later cloned, she is also given some cybernetic enhancements, she was given genectic therapy in utero to repair genectic predisposition for a neurological condition.
Bree is from a small town named Trinidad, Colorado in United North America.
Attacks on cities around the world, "Remember Chicago" sentiment.
Bree fights stationed on a bernal sphere-space station above Triton, the largest moon of the planet Neptune.
Pluto & Oort cloud like the Migrant Fleet from Mass Effect. War fought all the way back to the Moon, as a launching point for Earth.
Bree and her new team of rookies act as a "boarding party" and fight Couatl troops aboard cruiser.
Bree and her crew aboard a EDS spacecraft drop "depth charges" on Couatl ships hiding in the canyons of a dead moon of the gas giant. Firefight in the rings of the giant.
Visit an abandoned privately-owned human space station, crew abducted by Couatl for experiments.
Hollowed-out asteroid local
3 shattered moons
Earth is mentioned but stated as not relevant to the plot.
No one has ever lived to see what the Couatl really look like besides the fact that they're reptillian in nature.
European research ship held up by Couatl forces, Bree's team fight them off for them escape.
Oblivion and Elysium-type weaponry. GOCV-1502 OPHIUCHUS
Space station, cloud city, ancient alien ruins post-earth, earth farm colony, tropical oasis world, ice world, space battle. Romantic leads sex. Planet-sized city. Derelict ship. Earth. Tropical jungle world, starship, new mexico desert, desert world, enemy space station.
Defender. Star Fox 64.
Cities attacked included were on a route headed for Tokyo, Japan (largest metropolitan area), in the path were: Seoul, Korea; Jakarta, Indonesia; Manila, Philippines; Shanghai, China; Osaka, Japan; crosses the vast Pacific Ocean struggling to flee the atmosphere and Earth's gravity until finally crashing near Santiago, Chile. EDIT CHOOSING TARGETS OF THE ALIENS AT RANDOM IS TOUGH.NOVA MADIGON - BSG
PLANET-HOP. 30M- INTRO, NO ALIENS SHOWN, RUMORS, SCARY, NO BOOT CAMP, 1ST JUMP NAUSEAOUS. 60M-WAR! 30M-ENDING, WAR DOESNT END, IS A TURNING POINT, KEEP FIGHTING.
DELTA ORIONIS b III
900 LIGHTYEARS FROM SOL SYS
LINAV- light navigation. "meteor shower" MK-117s. Active Camo-invisibility. Heartrate monitor. Powered armor. Onboard computer- Attention! You are leaking atmosphere. 99% remaining. Targeting solution is Drones. Helmet. Defense Platform Cerberus. Neptune above Triton. Rotating wheel. Starships, shuttles, worker bee craft. Mess Hall. Laird- new recruit. Osombi- tech, Seo-demo expert. For-hire military outfit-EDS. Food processor. Quatro? VMA Cowen. 3-D Holographic starchart. High command official, base commander. Homunculus Nebula. Eta Carinae. Humanity on the defensive. Supernova candidate. "Nova" bomb. Jupiter Station- weapons research facility. Ignites star into a nova. GOCV Endeavour. Pulsar GQ113. Exodus Protocol. Orbital Drop Shock Troopers. Jump Ship. Drop Ship. Space-fold jump. Opaque plastic bag for vomit.
OF THE WAR
Character profile, name, occupation, residence, DOB, POB, Ethnicity, Martial Status, Based on.
- Major Stockman- veteran soldier. TRINIDAD, COLORADO- PLAINS. CAIN. GLOBAL OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE - GOC.
- Captain Ingsley - pilot of the most heavily armored and fastest fighter in the fleet
- Christina Perri- medic , religious
- CO-MAJ (TOM CRUZ), XO-1ST LT (MICHELLE ROD), SR NCO- MSGT. - TECH/ENGI-MAIN, SCOUT-SFC. SCIFI WAR STORY. THE FOREVER WAR-SCIENTIFIC ACCURACY. NEVER TAKE PLACE ON EARTH. OBLIVION-LOOK/MUSIC. MASS EFFECT- LOTS! VETERAN, TECH/ENGI. BSG: B&C. STARSHIP TROOPERS- VARIOUS LOCALS, DROPSHIP, NAVY/MC, DESERT CAMO/NIGHT. SOLDIER- YR. 40 VARIOUS BATTLES, TEST TUBE ARMY. WING CMDR- BOARDING PARTY. S:A&AB- CHIG WAR/MARS.
THIS PIECE WILL BE SEPARATE FROM CANON, THOUGH AN IDEA WILL BE FOLLOWED THROUGH IN REDSHIFT. THE IDEA OF TRANSPLANTED HUMANS. elite force 1 (November 8, 2376-7:41pm) USS VOY.
elite force 2 (Dec. 22, 2377/Jan. 15, 2380) USS VOY/ENT-E. USS DALLAS. (NCC-2019)
4 HAZARD TEAM
CHELL- COLONY OPS
BORROW ALOT FROM ST VOY EF/EF2, BSG, ME1-ME3 SIDE MISSIONS, ST:SU, HALO?, STAR WARS: STARFIGHTER, STAR WARS: OBI-WAN.
Timeline (Separate Continuity)
- 2025: An unidentified extrasolar object was discovered at the edge of the Solar System.
- 2026: The unidentified object arrived at Earth and was revealed to be an alien starship. The UN declared the starship to be a "10" on the SETI Rio Scale meaning extraordinary. The UN Secretary-General suggested that NASA/ESA redirect a space probe bound for Mars to the starship. As the space probe approached the starship, it opened fire, destroying the space probe. The starship's action was seen as an action of aggression from a hostile extraterrestrial species. In conjunction with this, the US, Great Britian, France, Russia and China launched a large barrage of nuclear missiles at the starship. The starship blocked the opening volleys with its force shields which eventually depleted causing remaining missiles to severely damage the ship and forcing it to re-enter the Earth's atmosphere. The ship crashlanded in Antarctica, as the nations of the world dithered and bickering over who would lead the scientific expedition, enter Burnhardt Aerospace and its scientific teams which sent a group as soon as it crashed. The crashsite was cordoned off and quarantined. At first thought to be an automated ship until a sealed off unnumbered amount of crew were recovered from deep within the starship. The crew were placed in quarantine in Antarctica.
- Late 2026 into 2027: A major referendum was held at the UN headquarters in New York City, a discussion as to "what will happen if they return?" and "what will we learn from the alien combatants?" An international law was signed called the Global Defense Initiative', which consolidated the world's militaries into a "UN Army" meant to be peacekeepers for global police actions or in the event of an attack on Earth. Burnhardt Aerospace developed the "Extraterrestrial Defense Service" as a private military force developed from the defense budgets of the largest nations on the planet. Constant scientific analysis revealed that the aliens were reptillian in nature becoming dubbed "The Couatl" after an ancient Mayan serpent. At the end of 2027, a second more massive alien object was then sighted outside our solar system, as the militaries of the world tried to develop strategic plans to defeat the Couatl, the EDS began reverse-engineer the crashed starships' technology: FTL propulsion, teleportation, laser/plasma weaponry and force shields. The second starship arrived in December 2027, the ship fired its weapons obliterating many locations in China, eastern Russia, western Japan, South-East Asia from orbit. Subsequently, the NATO nations fired upon the second Couatl starship with a barrage of nuclear missiles once again, this time however destroying it, the debris remaining in orbit. Humanity and the Couatl were officially declared to be at war on New Year's Eve.
- Summer 2028: The Global Oversight Committee was established as an extension of the UN in space, a lack of a space military (and laws forbidding it) led to EDS being contracted to fight off-world battles. The UN began to setup outposts on the Moon and Mars, using technology based on the Couatl. Several private corporations including Burnhardt Aerospace rushed into orbit to retrieve what remained from the destruction of the second starship. The construction of Earth spacecraft developed en masse, keeping the economies of the world highly productive and very low unemployment. Testing of laser/plasma weapons continued until later in the year, as well as, placing Orbital Defense Platforms in orbit. A contingent dubbed the "First Wave" of a Couatl starships which nearly destroyed most of the European Defense Network in orbit. However, this was also the first engagement for first-generation EDS starfighters which helped pull the fighting down to the surface of the planet. The major capital ships were destroyed with nukes. Three troopships landed in London, Paris and Berlin, the cities were razed in a nuclear assault to not let the Couatl gain a foothold on human cities.
- Over the next 5 years (2029-2034): As humanity turned to lick their wounds, the surviving Couatl from the scout ship in 2026 reportedly died. Later in the year 2029, the EDS launched the first series of unmanned Jumpships were all failures igniting in flames. There was one success leading to the manned Jumpship, the Giordano Bruno, however testing led to the death of the man slated to be the first human on Mars. The several waves of Couatl continue to arrive attacking with greater force pushing humanity to step up development on Jumpships and spacecraft.
- (2 years: 2034-2036): Desperate, humanity suddenly succeeded with the Konstantin Tsiolkovskii, the first FTL interstellar Jumpship to succeed, the ship continued its trial runs and passing every test.
- (5 years: 2036-2041): With the success of the Jumpships, more were constructed. Many jumpships would have EDS contingents aboard them but would maintain control with the scientific personnell exploring nearby star systems. These scientific intelligence missions gathered strategic defenses in nearby star systems. Strategies were developed to defeat the Couatl as well as how to seek them out. Jumpship TG-505 traced one of the waves origins to a launch site/construction world several light-years away from Earth and using a Couatl cloaking device remained unseen for several years. 2041, marked the first of several opening engagements with the Couatl and the beginning of the first interstellar war ever fought by the human race.
- (25 years: 2041-2066): The war with Couatl continuing with Jumpships and the EDS paramilitary force. The EDS suffers many losses.
- 2065: Crose loses her right arm, leg and eye in an engagement on a far-off alien planet, she is however rescued and her limbs are cloned.
- 2066: Present day. BATTLE FOR THE SOLAR SYSTEM!
UN Secretary-General is the leader/representative of the human race. Global Defense Initiative signed by UN to construct a space military apparatus using existing Air Force domainace over space to defeat the Couatl. DARIO BLANCO. Argentina OR JUAN CARLOS GUZMAN of Peru (world's leader).
UN Director of Outer Space Affairs: Gladys Brewer-Casados
SETI Post-Detection Response Unit: Arlie Brewer
Rich billionaire: Melvin Burnhardt
Earl Drummond, NASA Flight Controller in Houston, Texas.
Colonel Vernon Schloss, Perseus Pilot & Commander, USAF & NASA. First to encounter the aliens. Killed.
Roy Tichenor, JPL Early Asteroid Detection Unit Chief in Pasadena, California.
Erin Chesney-Tichenor, a clincal psychologist in Pasadena, California.
Sophia Tichenor, daughter of Roy & Erin.
Lamar Braswell, Amateur Astronomer from Kansas.
"live together as brothers, or to perish together as fools."
10 page script available- Delta Orionis b III
io9- How would humanity change if if we knew aliens existed. 11 of the weirdest solutions to the fermi paradox. some of the most plausible scenarios for alien civs. the great filter theory. will "I love Lucy" be our amb.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_navy (Space Navy list)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BioAugmentation (Bio Augmentation)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PoweredArmor (Powered Armor)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CommandRoster (Command Roster)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StandardStarshipScuffle (Avoid Standard Battle)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceMarine (Redefine "Space Marine")
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SpaceNavy (Redefine "Space Navy")
Arecibo Radio Telescope, Puerto Rico
GTA 5 trailer-Michael, Destiny, COD: Ghosts, ME 2 trailer, ME trailer, Halo 2 teaser.
Titanfall. Exoskeltons and mech suits.
Defender (2002) videogame, invasion of the solar system.
SCIFI ADVENTURE- no federation, royalty removed from earth, alliance/union, no mystical crap, lensmen, dune, english universal,
ANDRIODS, CYBORGS, ROBOTS, REPLICANT, CLONES,WEAPONS, TECH, LIVING PLANET, MUTANTS, ALIENS, SHAPESHIFTERS, RETURN TO FEUDALISM, ARCOLOGIES, NANO, BIOTECH, INTEL AMPLICATION, UPLIFT, MIND UPLOAD, MIND SWAP, DOME CITY, AI, VR, EUGENICS, HIVE MIND, CASTE, SPACE POLICE, OSA-PLANETES, CEREBRAL, IMMERSION, SERIALIZED, BUILD A BRAND NEW STAR TREK FROM SCRATCH, STVOYEF, PEACEKEEPERS, WIDE AUDIENCE, GROWN-UP STORIES, ORIGINAL FILMS, MOVIES THAT DONT DEPEND ON SFX, CAR CHASES, BIG, LOUD, DUMB MOVIES, B-MOVIE IDEAS INTO A-MOVIE EPICS, "FULL COURSE MEAL" PIXAR ROUTE, CHARACTER/PLOT HEAVY, GENRE MASH-UPS, quantum tunneling, hypercube, ai personal assistant, ubiquitos computers, virtual animals, interplanetary internet, major geoengineering projects, anti-aging, autonomous robots, personal fabricators, ocean wall, kemplrer rosette, launch loop, oneill cylinder, bernal sphere, stanford torus, dark side of private spaceflight corps, animated like waltz with bashir, airborne wind turbine, 70s-90s, no 1 world gov, worldwide mil collective def, future ppl resent the 20th century, forbidden planet, halo legends, babylon 5, moon, solaris, outland, total recall, 2001/2010, silent running, stvoyef, dune, ringworld, st 2-4, 6, fc, i, n, enemy mine, space: 1999, space: a&b, bsg vg, darkstar one, mass effect 1-3, halo 2, 3, odst, 4, functionally present, make interesting characters, be original,
http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Continuum_-_Season_1 (use Nerf/water guns)
rested, simulation, radio silence, all aliens dont want to leave home, they dont use radio, directed Pansp First Contact scenario: pick the Zoo hypothesis, they've quarantined us, guided interventionists, not interested, simulation, radio silence, all aliens dont want to leave home, they dont use radio, directed Panspermia,
ermia, we're the first intelligent ones. http://www1.american.edu/salla/Articles/ExoCom-9.htm
http://www.setileague.org/iaaseti/riocalc.htm (Rio scale: 9- Outstanding)
HEXAGONAL STORM IN SATURN ATMO.
MESSAGE FROM SPACE.
SOL SYSTEM INVADED BY ALIENS.
- Squad leader is Earthborn from a rural area/Survivor, limbs lost, then regrown. Until about 8-9 years old.
- Naive newcomer, never experienced jump to FTL.
- Squad is 2-3 more people. Weapons specialist, demolitions expert, sniper, quartermaster, medic.
- Star troopers, ESPATIER, wear suits, one shot kills
- Takes place in solar system: Saturn (Titan/Rhea), Jupiter (Io/Europa/Callisto/Ganymede), Belt, Mars. Moon, Earth. (Aliens rapidly terraformed Mars & Venus and moons of Outer Planets)
- 25 years since initial attack & invasion.
- NEPTUNE- HQ. Earth's last surviving battleship, named after: ? Local: Reservoir like EF. Railgun on battleship.
- Tech style-Oblivion, 2077.
- Space: Above & Beyond, more adventurous and glorifying war.
- Drac War (Enemey Mine), Human-Minbari War (B5). Cylon War (BSG).
- Fuse squad from ME:T
- Aliens are transplanted humans, never seen them
- Recapture CO is point of mission
- War does not end in the film. Concludes open-ended. The higherups win the war not the squad.
- 200 years of space exploration: 2157? 26 years after Crose. Maybe that's when the war started? Better yet, dont put date.
- Weapons: MK 1070/BAAT 164.
- Battle of Trafalgar
- Reinvent the space marine