This is a general guide on how to create articles on Creative Sci-Fi, including rules and codes of conduct.:
- The central theme of any of your projects must be Science Fiction.
- The most part of the content must be encyclopedic, but short tales are welcomed as expansions for the projects.
- Content must be in English only.
- You are the one in charge of your articles. Unless you invite someone else to collaborate on your project, you are the only one who should expand them, contract them, modify them or delete them (although you will need help from the administrators to delete articles).
- Please do not edit other people's articles without permission, unless it is necessary to correct some grammar, format or bad spelling. Be careful editing names, as it possible that they are not mis-spelt but simply spelt differently.
- If you want to join another user's project, please request a formal invitation.
- Remember to list your projects on your user page, so everyone is aware which projects are handled by each user. Be certain to distinguish between projects of your own creation and ones which you are collaborating on with the creator.
- Articles must contain completely original content, created by yourself (or your collaborators, if any).
- Your images cannot violate copyright laws
Edits and Talk Pages
- Do not submit coarse content (i.e. indecent words)
- Be civil to other users at all times. It is more important to be kind, than to be right.
- Sign your posts on talk pages.
- Decent edit summaries and clear and transparent explanations are universally appreciated. Other editors need to understand your process, and it also helps you yourself to understand what you did after a long leave of absence from an article. Please state what you changed and why. If the explanation is too long, add more on the discussion page.
- Minor edits must be marked.
- No editing spam will be tolerated.
TV and Media
- This is not a fan fiction wiki. If you want to write imaginary content about your favorite tv shows, comics or movies, many fan fiction wikis exist out there that are waiting for your contributions.
- Please do not make references to actual media franchises, although household names may be tolerated.