Humans are a spacefaring species of hominids. Humans have a strong physical constitution and a highly evolved cephalized centrum (although many changes have improved it) which endows humans with high levels of abstract reasoning, language, problem solving, and culture through social learning.
Native to Sol, Humans developed agriculture and their first urban settlements 13,000 solar years ago. Mankind evolved into a planetary civilization (Type 1 civilization) at the end of the XXI century of human history despite climate disaster; covering Earth with infrastructure capable of connecting any human being immediately through internet, and every inhabitant of Earth is 5 hours or less form another one, no matter in which part of the globe he or she lays.
Between the decades of 2040 and 2130 nations states of Earth (and later with the UN's Colonial Authority guidance) conducted massive colonization of the Solar System culminating with the terraformation of Mars in 2135.
The databases says that there are 15.28 billion living human beings in 2170.
With the invention of the FTL travel, human pace for development of Sol increased and mankind expanded its power and influence to other star systems and worlds.
Systems under jurisdiction of any human entity (United Nations, National Governments, Corporations, etc.) with full or parcial control are listed bellow:
- Alpha Centauri: Declared as a scientific heritage system, human presence in the system is limited to a few mining operations and scientific outposts, incluiding Zelenovaty's.
- Delta Pavonis: Important for its vast mineral resources, it is plagued by hundreds of companies but inhabited roughly by 40 thousand people.
- Gliese 667: Second human colony in age and importance with the second biggest extra-solar population.
- Juvel: Farthest human colony.
- Lalande: A weak star and lack of inhabitable planets reduces the interest of the system for weapons testing facilities.
- Procyon: The huge star and the lack of a planetary system (although massive asteroids orbit it) makes it suitable for antimatter fuel production, producing 21,5% of human requirements for antiprotons.
- Proxima Centauri: Important antimatter fuel production facilities.
- Tau Ceti: Biggest and moste developed human colonies outside sol.